- Require students to be skeptical.
- Communicate interest in student ideas.
- Measure individual understanding.
- Have students support each other at the board.
- Encourage student presentations.
- Know when to curtail the discussion.
This is an extremely truncated version of some info from Jo Boaler.
I am not going to go into detail on these ideas, just mention them for reference (Boaler & Humphreys, 2005: pp. 49-52).
By: Mr. Woodford
I will reflect on ideas and practices I learn through my formative years as a classroom math teacher.